The QUICKSTEP is simply one of the very
best portable amplifiers on the market and uses the concept of
balanced ground and a discrete volume control. In addition it has an extensive
RF-filter of the input-signal which makes it immune to RF-pollution
caused by mobile headphones
- Five single OPA209 opamps are used for maximal sonic performance (No dual or quad-opamps!).
- Alumunium body
- 3.5 mm gold-plated plugs
- Sophisticated Volume control
The amp not only uses the concept of active balanced ground but also has a discrete volume control (32 positions, two gain settings). This volume control is not a standard industrial solution but uses a concept in which the position of an analog potentiometer is measured using a low-power ADC and in which the output of this ADC is used to control electronic switches that set the volume level. The result is a very clean and detailed sound without any channel imbalances.
- Only metal-resistors and high-quality film-capacitors are used (polypropylene).
- Active balanced headphone ground.
- Star-grounding and ultra short signal paths.
- Measures: 8.8 x 6.6 x 2.2 cm
- Weight without battery: 115 gr.
The unit runs from a single 9V battery and internally the supply voltage is used to create a pair of +4.5 and -4.5V powerlines (low current consumption mode) or a pair of +9 and -9V powerlines (high current consumption mode).
External powersupplies can be connected with voltages between 6V and 15V DC.
This supply voltage is internally doubled to create a pair of +6..+15V and -6..-15V powerlines.
- Supply voltage: 6 .. (9) .. 15 Volts DC
- Mean current uptake: 35 mA / 20mA (high/low-current-consumption-mode)
- Discrete volume control. Typical stepsize 1.5 dB, 31 steps.
- Maximal amplification: -3 / 14 dB (low/high gain)
- Input impedance: 120 / 17 kOhm
- Output impedance: < 1 Ohm
- 2 mini to mini interconnects
- Tool to open the amp
Available Colors :
- Product Code: Corda Quickstep
- Availability: In Stock